2nd best show in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you take Wannenmacher out of the running, whats the next best show to go to in Oklahoma? Are there any that have a similar type of clientele/inventory, just on a smaller scale? Seems most of the shows in Tulsa (Grand National, RK) are mostly black guns.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a smaller show here in Tulsa earlier this year that wasn't bad, was more new items and gun dealers than private sales booths which I enjoyed more personally. Don't get me wrong, I like to admire older firearms, I'm just not into collecting showpieces or items I wouldn't want to take to the range and push lead through it.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think there is one that falls into that category. The gun shows have declined dramatically. I used to be in line waiting when the doors opened and didn’t leave till they closed. It was always a good turnout with lots to see and buy.

The gun shows in Okc started declining when the internet became popular and you could shop and find everything you wanted without leaving your recliner or haggling with dealers who reminded you of being in a used car lot. What was the favorite? Rijas, Rojas. Something like that?

Next, was everything BUT guns in the shows. (Beanie babies, candles, misc Chinese junk). When attendance declined, door admission went up. Ten to twenty dollars to get in and very little to see inside. No thanks. A gun show every weekend didn’t help much either. I think that’s a big part of the success of Wannamacher. Twice a year. How many people save up all year long just to go? I’ve seen tags from almost every state in the parking lot.

Then the Okc fair board started talking about charging for parking for all events and that when I stopped going and haven’t been back since.

I’ve been thinking about heading to Texas to see what their shows are like. I’d hope it would be better than what they have here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom