2nd Weekend Louisiana Teal Season Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta Duckman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Date hunted 9/22/2018:

Saturday was a repeat of the conditions the prior weekend. Hot, no wind and loads of mosquitos working on us for the first 45 minutes of the hunt as we sit waiting for teal to show up. As I stated last week you really have to want it pretty bad. We had 1 dozen G&H poule d'eaus decoys out with 4 teal mixed in and a mojo in the middle on the right side. Fifteen teal decoys on the left with a mojo similar to the set up last week if you saw my video. We shot 6 teal for the day.

Date hunted 9/23/2018:

Same exact set up as the day before as I left out the decoys out overnight. Lot more action we shot 9 teal with some bad shooting by both of us. Should have limited out but not to be.

A couple things have me scratching me head. The Sunday hunts have been a lot better than Saturday hunts which is the opposite of the big duck season. Next is we have two other boats out on the lease guys in the club hunting not more than 1,000 yards from us and one boat shot 1 duck yesterday the other nothing and today nothing by either boat.

Teal being what they are zig and zag all over the marsh prairie and the spot I have is shooting the ducks. Strange how it works sometimes.

Attachments

• 9-23-1.jpg
    9-23-1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Top Bottom