3.65 lbs AR- $3100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NFA "carbon" poly lower and LPK I have fit and function just fine. I wouldn't run it on a duty gun, but for a featherweight range toy I have no complaints.
I bought this lower to knock off some weight on an AR style .22 rimfire the grandkids were shooting. They are big enough now they don't need it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
@doctorjj has an amazing build.

If you're budget allows, it's drool worthy.

Here's what a grand will get you with in stock order now parts:

ULW Build.JPG

I included the mag and optic because you can't shoot the gun unloaded, so that weight is kind of irrelevant to me. But scratching at 4lbs with optic and loaded 10rd mag for just over $1300 isn't anything to sneeze at. If you can stretch that total budget to $1600 total, you can fit in the Brigand Arms woven CF handguard and an Aluminum bolt carrier and break under 4lbs.

FW Build.JPG

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, Nikat - do you maintain a spreadsheet with all the components to build an ULW AR, or did you come up with that list from scratch last night?

Impressive how readily such a goal seems attainable.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Dang, Nikat - do you maintain a spreadsheet with all the components to build an ULW AR, or did you come up with that list from scratch last night?

Impressive how readily such a goal seems attainable.

Both. There is a google hosted document that is nearly exhaustive that I reference frequently. Also, after becoming interested in ultra light ARs I keep much more up to date with current parts and availability. That particular list I compiled last night, but are mostly parts I’ve been watching/wanting for my own build.

Latest posts

Top Bottom