3 balls from a 12 or 2 balls from a 50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep click on that.

I have been torturing my 12 gauge with different slug loads and one I found very accurate was 3 round balls
in a Ranger Plus Unslit shot cup.
I was running .490" round balls and I recently built some .530 round balls x3 loads.

Next outing they are getting sent down range.

I got to thinking HHHMMM those in the 12 shot very well and are 176 gr each and then thought 50 cal muzzleloader 2 patched balls instead of just one. Just 352 gr.
Yea I googled that and it is a common thing. and works well.
Research before you play my games.

I googled 3 round balls for 12 gauge and wouldn't you know it . Nothing new here.
Cool video I found. Of course they test all kinds of odd ball things.

:)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What hulls and powder are you using?

Fiocchi, Remington Gun club, *12*, some some that say made in USA and and white colored. Remington Super X.

They are all 2 3/4 " and the (shot cup) is on top of the powder and the balls in that.
Then I place a cork disc on top of the cup and balls and crimp the top shut.
Perfect height.
Blue Dot for the powder.

If the sun comes out tomorrow I will go shoot them at a board and over a chrony and see if cases make a difference.
I do know this the shot cup falls into the new white shells and range pick up shells you must apply pressure to seat it.

There was one brand of hull I could not seat the shot cup all the way down because the plastic base
cup in the hull.

Latest posts

Top Bottom