3 gun at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good budget friendly semi-auto shotgun to use in these games? Looking at the Benelli line put me in cringe mode, especially since ALL of my "disposable" income right now is going toward a down payment on a house. Is there anything that would actually be worth the effort that might be in the $400-$600 range? The Benelli's that I looked out would basically mean I don't get to buy a refrigerator for my new house. :-)

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good budget friendly semi-auto shotgun to use in these games? Looking at the Benelli line put me in cringe mode, especially since ALL of my "disposable" income right now is going toward a down payment on a house. Is there anything that would actually be worth the effort that might be in the $400-$600 range? The Benelli's that I looked out would basically mean I don't get to buy a refrigerator for my new house. :-)
If you are patient you can find a used Benelli M1 on Gunbroker in the $600 range

posted via Tapatalk

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run a Versamax. It was used and had all the cool race gun mods already done to it. It does everything I need it do do.

The Benelli guys snicker and laugh while I shoot and they won't let me put it on the same rack as theirs. They also make me walk behind them or way off to the side when moving from stage to stage.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run a Versamax. It was used and had all the cool race gun mods already done to it. It does everything I need it do do.

The Benelli guys snicker and laugh while I shoot and they won't let me put it on the same rack as theirs. They also make me walk behind them or way off to the side when moving from stage to stage.

Not true at all Travis! I will nearly always allow you to carry my gun and range bag

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As slow as I load, an 870 would be good enough. Someday when I grow up I want to be able to quad load like Burk. Most people shoot Benelli M1 or M2 for a reason but at beginner to C shooter no gun is going to hold you back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are patient you can find a used Benelli M1 on Gunbroker in the $600 range

posted via Tapatalk
I've always heard that patience is a virtue. Unfortunately I have no virtues. :-)

Looking on gun broker right now all I'm finding is in the $1000 range. I'm thinking that since I've never done 3 gun, I may just use my 870 for a couple matches and see if it's something I'll stick with. Then if I find out that I like it, I'll upgrade to a sporty model. :-)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot my first several 3-gun matches with a Mossberg 835 hunting model, and it worked just fine. It isn't the fastest gun made, but it worked fine, and now I'm better in all ways with that gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom