3 gun at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
most 3G matches these days are won and lost solely because it's morphed into an equipment race with the shotgun. :D

That's exactly right. Hence my earlier post.
If one wants to run an extended mag with a chest full of shell holders, and a thousand dollars worth of mods to the shotgun, 3G will never get a lot of contestants.
If a stock class with a 5 round mag were introduced, and the stages were designed to accommodate that model, a metric ton of more folks would show up to shoot 3 gun.
Pro class takes nothing more than building the stage like our stage designer does at the Ponca USPSA where a standard USPSA 30 round stage is set up an then a speed shoot is set up using the same stage design, eliminating some part of the original 30 round stage making it a 15 round speed shoot. The exact opposite could be done for 3 gun. Shotgun pro make it high round count with all the bells and whistles, and the amateur/stock be the speed shoot design.
Just an opinion.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok a little up date seems to be in order. My vision is still to keep shotgun loading down and skill in use up, with that said, this month a Jesse has offered to set up two courses of fire. One of them is a 25 round "jungle run" with shotgun. This isn't my vision, but I am not going to turn down someone who is really wanting to help, and I really appreciate the effort! He is even bringing his own steel for us to use!

This month you will need at least 10 rounds of buckshot and at least 3 slugs. Knee and elbow pads are going to be a real good idea!

Burk, not trying to start anything, but in September (not a long time ago) you said I could post "over there" about 3-gun so I gave it a couple of days and tried to P.M. you and couldn't. It won't allow me to, so we are still at the same impasse as usual......internet rumor and reality. In retrospect it is probably better I don't. You can always cut and paste what I post here and put it there. That will be the buffer between the sparks and Hydrogen. :)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I won't be able to make this month, due to thanksgiving plans, but I would still want to do the Jungle Run, even though I wouldn't be remotely competitive there. It'd be good "on the clock" reloading practice if nothing else. Since all the scores were (I assume scores would be done the same?) by stage, an individual could play all the stages and just look at the final excluding the stage with all the shotgun.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burk, not trying to start anything, but in September (not a long time ago) you said I could post "over there" about 3-gun so I gave it a couple of days and tried to P.M. you and couldn't. It won't allow me to, so we are still at the same impasse as usual......internet rumor and reality. In retrospect it is probably better I don't. You can always cut and paste what I post here and put it there. That will be the buffer between the sparks and Hydrogen. :)

I understand and I don't want it to seem like you're getting jerked around. I will have to look into the PM issue (I didn't know they could be turned off) but I know for a fact you can post in any topic or forum. I changed that setting myself back in June +-.

If you feel like it, give it one more try to post in the OKC 3-gun thread and if it doesn't work, I will glady admit that I am too dumb to figure it out

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php/topic/21683-okc-3gun-112616/page-2#entry242487

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's exactly right. Hence my earlier post.
If one wants to run an extended mag with a chest full of shell holders, and a thousand dollars worth of mods to the shotgun, 3G will never get a lot of contestants.
If a stock class with a 5 round mag were introduced, and the stages were designed to accommodate that model, a metric ton of more folks would show up to shoot 3 gun.
Pro class takes nothing more than building the stage like our stage designer does at the Ponca USPSA where a standard USPSA 30 round stage is set up an then a speed shoot is set up using the same stage design, eliminating some part of the original 30 round stage making it a 15 round speed shoot. The exact opposite could be done for 3 gun. Shotgun pro make it high round count with all the bells and whistles, and the amateur/stock be the speed shoot design.
Just an opinion.
Round count has nothing to do with skill level

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone were interested in joining in on this that had never done a 3 gun match, what would the bare necessities be as far as equipment goes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom