3 gun shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In open division you can. Not the others tho.

Isn’t that where people run fully race-prepped shotguns costing thousands of dollars and which bear no resemblance to shotguns that are more or less factory stock? Seems a box-stock S-12 would be at a severe disadvantage.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn’t that where people run fully race-prepped shotguns costing thousands of dollars and which bear no resemblance to shotguns that are more or less factory stock? Seems a box-stock S-12 would be at a severe disadvantage.
Yes and no. Open division is for mag fed shotguns and optics on the pistols. So as I understand it, a bone stock Saiga is going to be shooting in open. All others require tube magazines. And FWIW, all of the mag fed SGs required thousands to get to run good enough to be competitive anyway, so it wasn't really an issue with the open folks. Jerry Miculek runs a tube fed with the loading chute and stick loaders. When he sticks a reload good it's a sight to behold.

It's been awhile since I messed around in 3 gun so I may be off a bit.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can you run a Saiga S-12 in three-gun? Or does the box magazine disqualify it?

Yes, you can run it in open division.
I wouldn't even try it though. After 7 years of shooting 3 gun, I've never seen a mag fed shotgun run reliably no matter how much money was spent with the gunsmith. That goes for Saigas and Akdals as well.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are shooting the local 3-gun match at OKC gun club, you may use the Saiga in open, tactical, or non magnified. Just not in heavy metal, and you must conform to the capacity limits of the division you are shooting in.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE my VersaMax. I ported the barrel and put on all of the good add-ons. Note the shot column leaving the barrel and the gases venting from the ports. It shoots like a dream.
IMG_4157.JPG

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
V
If you are shooting the local 3-gun match at OKC gun club, you may use the Saiga in open, tactical, or non magnified. Just not in heavy metal, and you must conform to the capacity limits of the division you are shooting in.
ah, the semi-annual, monthly match. When’s the next one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom