3 screw single six

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best to check with Ruger.

Last I got from them, since starting back up from Covid shutdown, they are not sending parts back. They are not fitting .45 ACP cylinders to .45 Colt.

You might could specify, but I know of 1 that was sent for repair (not trigger / hammer related) and they put the transfer bar in. Lawyers most likely had something to do it.

Things may change, as time goes on, but unmolested 3-screw are getting a lot of interest.

My 3, will not go back.
Haven't heard anything about .22s.

Truth! Best ask. I got mine back, but was awhile ago.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent my Single Six to Ruger about eight months ago, for a timing issue. Accuracy sucked...bad.
They insisted on the transfer bar upgrade, will not work on it with out doing it. The did send the original parts back.
The trigger is Excellent! I have to say....I do believe it is better than before.
Accuracy is Outstanding!
What I had was very, very disappointing.
The gun they sent me....I can't say enough good things about it or Ruger service.
Do NOT hesitate to call Ruger about any concern or question you have. They are absolutely great!

Joe

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent my Single Six to Ruger about eight months ago, for a timing issue. Accuracy sucked...bad.
They insisted on the transfer bar upgrade, will not work on it with out doing it. The did send the original parts back.
The trigger is Excellent! I have to say....I do believe it is better than before.
Accuracy is Outstanding!
What I had was very, very disappointing.
The gun they sent me....I can't say enough good things about it or Ruger service.
Do NOT hesitate to call Ruger about any concern or question you have. They are absolutely great!

Joe

Ruger has done me a few solids over the years. They do stand behind their guns. I believe it was written in the update on the single sixes that all parts are to be returned to the owner as they rightly belong to the purchasers.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear that. They listened to the complaints.

I still don't like them changing parts that aren't requested or approved, but sending original parts back IS the right thing.

Having record of safety mod, should release them from ridiculous lawsuits.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221124-110145.png

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now you’ve got me curious, pulled my single six out of the safe serial# is 544815, Ruger serial tool says they can’t find that number.
Anyone know what year? TIA Tim

@Tinytim yours falls in the big year gap or 1962 to 1969, when the 6 digits went over into the dash’s. You will have to write or call Ruger for somewhat a definitive year. They will look.

FEDC1E9D-23A3-4A17-802F-7A89393A31F9.jpeg

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of mine , plus my rig.....grips R not plastic.....also have a pair of "Target Grips"....unable to find my original wood grips , should be around someplace ?????????????????

Attachments

• IMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4843.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4845.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4849.jpg
    IMG_4849.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4848.jpg
    IMG_4848.jpg