3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh - Haven't you been cognizant of the move in Congress to defund PP?...
I've seen some discussion about barring federal Title X grants to any facility that performs abortions. Is that what you're referring to? In any case, federal tax dollars aren't used to fund abortions at Planned Parenthood because that's been illegal since 1976. If you have evidence that your tax dollars are actually funding abortions, I'd like to see it.

...Not my problem. Those who support abortion and the slaughter of the remains for profit must bear the burden. I'm for shutting it all down. I do not accept that this is a fait accompli.

Woody
Do you mean shut Planned Parenthood down, or do you mean a complete ban on abortions?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Defund it. No tax dollars for any organizations that kill babies

We going to include Israel?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katenocera/...are-largely-quiet-as-israel-adopts#.ssnlyD63g

Below was written before the new law, it's from the Journal of Medical Ethics....

"Abortion in Israel, on the other hand, is broadly
defined as termination of pregnancy without regard
to gestational age or fetal viability and, at later
stages, inevitably includes fetal termination. Abortion at all stages of pregnancy is freely available for
any of the following conditions:
maternal age (<17 or >40 years of age), premarital pregnancy (orpregnancy resulting from rape or incest), danger to
the mother’s physical or mental health and/or fetal birth defects"...

"Israel on the other hand has one of the highest rates of late-term abortions in the world".

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1733259/

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen some discussion about barring federal Title X grants to any facility that performs abortions. Is that what you're referring to? In any case, federal tax dollars aren't used to fund abortions at Planned Parenthood because that's been illegal since 1976. If you have evidence that your tax dollars are actually funding abortions, I'd like to see it.

Money is fungible. Medicaid can pay for abortions. States receive federal funds in support of Medicaid.

Do you mean shut Planned Parenthood down, or do you mean a complete ban on abortions?

I'm for a complete ban on abortion regardless of whomever performs or receives one.

Woody

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel it is the mother carrying the child who gets to choose if she wants to abort or not.
This is America and you have freedom here of many kinds.
Ban it and the girls will resort to self mutilation to get rid of something they do not want.

If they are forced to keep it and do not love it then you have another person that can possibly be a little off in the head.
You never know what the outcome will be for a non loved child.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel it is the mother carrying the child who gets to choose if she wants to abort or not...

That is giving the mother permission to murder. How is that any different than giving a mother permission to murder her 10 year old child. Life begins at conception.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is giving the mother permission to murder. How is that any different than giving a mother permission to murder her 10 year old child. Life begins at conception.

Doctors freeze embyos all the time.
Sometimes they keep the embryo frozen for years before thawing and implanting.

To borrow from Bill Maher, "I'm pretty sure you can't freeze a baby".

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Money is fungible. Medicaid can pay for abortions. States receive federal funds in support of Medicaid...
I'm not saying it's impossible. But lots of things "can" happen...doesn't mean they do. Do you have any evidence to support this theorized money trail? If you do, there's lawyers foaming at the mouth for a lawsuit, so I'd also be interested in seeing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom