3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spell it out then.

Life begins at conception. Behavior of a mother leading to miscarriage is manslaughter. I believe those were your words?

You said it, not me.

Provide a definition or manslaughter and murder. "common sense" doesn't hold water. Write the statute for us, counsel.

Okay.

Drug abuse causing miscarriage = manslaughter
Willful abortion = murder

Got it sport. You can build from there with common sense.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay.

Drug abuse causing miscarriage = manslaughter
Willful abortion = murder

Got it sport. You can build from there with common sense.

That's a start. How will prosecutors prove that in a court of law? "beyond a reasonable doubt". Manslaughter ain't small claims court.

You also said every miscarriage should be investigated as manslaughter. How will that be accomplished? How will we monitor every fertile, sexually active women for miscarriages so they can be investigated?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a start. How will prosecutors prove that in a court of law? "beyond a reasonable doubt". Manslaughter ain't small claims court.

You also said every miscarriage should be investigated as manslaughter. How will that be accomplished? How will we monitor every fertile, sexually active women for miscarriages so they can be investigated?

Would take a lot of thought to implement and you could not be 100% compliant just like every other law. For example, the speed limits do not stop all speeders but it does cause many stay within the speed limit. Some get caught and pay for the crime.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would take a lot of thought to implement and you could not be 100% compliant just like every other law. For example, the speed limits do not stop all speeders but it does cause many stay within the speed limit. Some get caught and pay for the crime.
So, would the fathers be prosecuted also for not helping care for the fetus properly (miscarriage), or agreeing to abort (murder). In this way, every couple that agrees to abort their fetus would be guilty of murder? And, who do you think should pay to prosecute and keep all these folks in prison, and care for their other kids?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, no wars for any reason? Nobody should carry/possess guns for the purpose of shooting other people (i.e., cops, citizens concealed carry, in the home, etc.)? No capital punishment for any case?

No. Murder has a specific definition. Self defense and legal war does not fall within the definition of murder. Right now, abortion does not fall within the definition of murder because it is legal. That is where I believe we are wrong - abortion should be illegal and would therefore be murder.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are valid arguments on both sides of the abortion issue but you know ultimately....

PPMessage.jpg

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, would the fathers be prosecuted also for not helping care for the fetus properly (miscarriage), or agreeing to abort (murder). In this way, every couple that agrees to abort their fetus would be guilty of murder? And, who do you think should pay to prosecute and keep all these folks in prison, and care for their other kids?

There's that common sense thing again. Let me make it simple. The father is either an accomplice or he is innocent.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So random knocks at the door of women? Access medical records? Pull from a list of marriage license? Target married women with a legal or medical record of drug abuse?

"Sir, we're here to monitor inspect you wife's vaginal discharge, says here she has a possession charge from college and she's of fertile age and married, so I assume you two are sexually active?"

You may think what I'm typing is snarky or absurd, but until you explain it more clearly, that's how I assume enforcement of your proposed law changes would have to be handled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom