30,000 rounds through G17 and now brass to face ejection starts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a glock 3rd gen.G17.I have over 30,000 flawless rounds through it.Seems odd that now i start getting brass to face ejection about 25% of the time.Most people have this problem around the 1000 round mark.I read on GT that if you get a 30274 trigger bar and take the ejector off and install it on the 336 ejector that sometimes it will solve the problem.I am going to try that but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem start happening after alot of rounds.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm, if you've replaced all the springs and even the recoil springs, then I think the ejector bar really is your only other option. The bar can get worn just slightly enough after many rounds that it can start hitting the case at a slightly different angle that causes cases to fly straight back. Also, you might want to take out your locking block to see it's not worn or cracked and also the lower plastic frame where the locking block sits. Same with the metal pins that hold the locking block in place. Those pins can break and seemingly not affect function, but over time can cause faster wear and ejection issues.

Semi-related Glock recently changed their 9mm ejector bar slightly for the gen 4, because no matter how much they tuned the new gen 4 dual recoil spring, the old ejector kept kicking brass straight back.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.The locking block and the pins looked ok.I will check the ejector and the trigger bar closer when i get the chance.I ordered a new 336 trigger housing along with a new 30274 trigger housing.If i don't have any luck i wil take it to the lone wolf glock armorer at the next wanenmacher to see if he might know something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom