30 years ago today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never forget what happened to me on this date, at 4:05pm, exactly 30 years ago.

Take it back to the night before, around 10:30pm. Ii was a Thursday evening and I was working full time at Seminole PD 0700-1500 and part time at Wewoka PD 1530-2330. Some funny things happend that night. Tim Jackson, my partner, told me to bounce a little early, because tomorrow was Friday and everybody was gonna party. So I was headed out to the parking lot and dispatcher Sally Medlock (bless her soul) was walking in and she asked me, "has your wife had her baby yet?" Which was shocking because Sally had never once asked about that during the entire time I had been working there.

So I get home at about 10:45pm or so, and my precious Cindyann is waiting up for me, like she usually did, watching Night Court, laughing at the shenanigans of Dan Fielding. I went into the bedroom, peeled of my monkey suit and proceeded to join her on the couch, when suddenly her laughter went to a state of shock. She looked me dead in the eye and said, "my water just broke!"

I run into the bedroom, throw on some clothes, grab her go bag and went to get the car closer to the front door for her. I do 95mph from the driveway to the doorway and loaded her up.

We made it from Holdenville to Ada in about 23 minutes (45 miles away), they wheel Cindyann into the birthing area, I make a few phone calls and we wait...and wait...and wait.

About 4 or 5 hours of pushing, the doctor decided she needed an epidural. After several botched attempts and me inviting the nurse outside, they finally got it inserted.

Cindyann pushed for over 12 hours, but finally, at 4:05pm, my beautiful (well...maybe after she was cleaned up a bit) Jordan Shelby finally entered the world. Happy birthday, JoJo. Your daddy loves you more than you'll ever know.

FB_IMG_1629732384173.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a beautiful young lady, Evan! Are you certain she's yours? J/K!!!!! Congrats!
I was bragging on my youngest daughter to my old high school baseball coach one day, about how she was valedictorian of her sr. class, finished up at JUCO a year early because she went concurrent and how she graduated from OU with a 4.0. He said the same thing, are you sure she's your kid? :rollingla

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We made it from Holdenville to Ada in about 23 minutes (45 miles away), they wheel Cindyann into the birthing area, I make a few phone calls, sell two pistols, post a third for sale, but change my mind and pull the ad, then decide to post it anyway. Also trade a EDC knife, decide I don’t care for the trade I get and post it for sale or trade, and we wait...and wait...and wait.
FIFY :Heya:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well whoever ends up being her husband won't be the smartest one in the household.....but at least he can say he was smart enough to win that beautiful lady's affections. CONGRATULATIONS

Latest posts

Top Bottom