30 years ago...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on 30 years of service. Very cool story. Did the guy that came in ever tell you that the Chief wanted to hire the guy that went to work for the fire department instead?

No, but on my first night, I was paired up with officer Steve Kennedy. He asked me, "you wanna be a hero?" I answered, "of course." Then he replied, "then you shoulda joined the :censored:ing fire department. Because in this profession, you're gonna be called a sorry sonovab!tch!"

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, congrats on making it to retirement, sometimes I wonder why a police officer continues doing his job despite all the negative talk from political figures which in turn causes some nuts to attempt to do harm to an officer trying to do his job and go home at the end of his our her shift. The Chief saw something in you that others may have overlooked and you were one lucky guy to be "chosen," not many young men get the opportunity you received and they wander aimlessly for several years before they find their way and sometimes they wander the remainder of their lives not finding their niche which is sad because they've wasted their lives for the most part. Addendum: All that gear you guys in the PD wear must be a drag over the hours during a shift. The they added protective vests...

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, congrats on making it to retirement.

Retirement? HA! :pms2: Who said anything about retirement? Oh, hell no! I still have eleven years before I can retire. That's the punishment for being a gypsy cop.

In the last 30 years, I've worked for four different police departments, two sheriff's departments, two armed security agencies and currently for a college campus PD.

Yeah...I've got a while yet before I can cash out. :grumble:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retirement? HA! :pms2: Who said anything about retirement? Oh, hell no! I still have eleven years before I can retire. That's the punishment for being a gypsy cop.

In the last 30 years, I've worked for four different police departments, two sheriff's departments, two armed security agencies and currently for a college campus PD.

Yeah...I've got a while yet before I can cash out. :grumble:
Really, who said anything about retirement????? I started out the first 3-1/2 with OSU PD, my 30th with Stillwater will be this upcoming February. About 5-1/2 to go for me.
And when we do go, we need one of those flashy-thingys from Men in Black. One flash and it all goes away......

Latest posts

Top Bottom