300 black out won't extract

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SBR 300blk. It started it's life as a pistol until the stamps came in.
Mine functions as it should with supersonic ammo. When I fire subsonic, (even when a suppressor is attached), it will fire, eject, and trigger will reset. However, it does not pick up the next shell to fire again.
I just recently tried the subsonic rounds in the SBR. Any ideas??? I am leaning towards cutting down my buffer spring a bit or opening (drilling out) gas block port.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knowing saddlebum, it’s probably him limpwristing the dang thing. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine functions as it should with supersonic ammo. When I fire subsonic, (even when a suppressor is attached), it will fire, eject, and trigger will reset. However, it does not pick up the next shell to fire again.
I just recently tried the subsonic rounds in the SBR. Any ideas??? I am leaning towards cutting down my buffer spring a bit or opening (drilling out) gas block port.
You’ll need to drill the port on the barrel not the gas block.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your gas block most likely does NOT need drilled but the gas port in the barrel very likely may need drilled up about .005" to .010". Will it lock back on empty mag or is it cycling just enough to reset the trigger?

Latest posts

Top Bottom