300 Blackout loads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was looking at range brass yesterday and I have to say that it is worth investing in the stuff to cut 223 down. Got everything in today so I can reload 300 as far as hardware wise and cut down a 223 case that had a neck deformity and it worked flawlessly.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been meaning to do that for 6 months but just havent done it. I hate regular brass prep so I doubt I would do much converting if I had the setup.
Well if I can find a good amount of 223 brass cheap and steady I will be converting a lot of it and probably have some extra available for those who are interested or I can probably work something out on converting what others have for them. I will have a lot of down time from the middle of November until the end of March.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went from having six pieces of 300 blackout today to twenty. Took a few 223 that I culled due to a neck defect and trimmed them down. Once they are trimmed and sized it's basically just a chamfer as they are running at right around 1.365 length.

20161017_215341.jpg

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been mixed stuff, some Lake city and some Federal headstamp. Been checking neck thickness and everything seems to be within spec and necks down easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom