.300Blk Or .223 Rifle recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have a CVA Scout? Are they any good? I was hoping they made one in .223 but I saw they had one in 300blackout. Ive been picking up quite a bit of .223 brass every trip to the range so I was thinking of either getting something in .223 or turning my brass into .300blackout. I’ve also thought about just getting another AR but if I do I’m doing “buy once, cry once” and getting something I’ll have difficulty selling easily, Like a Larue or Daniel Defense…. Something that I’ll keep forever.

I could also be talked into going a different route. Henry Long Ranger sounds like a pretty cool rifle. I’m not the biggest fan of the AR platform but I can’t say honestly that I’ve put one through it’s paces. Ive also only had budget ones like Frankenstein builds - Palmetto, DPMS, DelTon.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between the .308 i had, and a couple friends of mine who have the cva stalker single shots- all have had good triggers, and been capable of 1” or so groups at 100 yds. Thats a sample of only 3, but ive been impressed for the price

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have to be honest, I have a few blackout ARS. One is more of a frankenbuild and I really enjoyed it, so I built an SBR out of more premium stuff and like it quite a bit too. But then I picked up a Ruger American in blackout and if I am being perfectly honest I have had more fun with that little cheap bolt gun that I have the ARs since I got it. I keep thinking I want to get a more premium blackout bolt gun but at the end of the day the Ruger does everything I want it to and it is hard to beat for the price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom