308 Battle Rifle looking this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bones and build or whole rifle had pre ban HK91 let it go should of had him use on me. That said I would like to stay in black rifle or Tavor 7
What recommendations do you have. For reference I have several 556 ars and x95 and many bolt guns would like to be ambidextrous. Which way to go

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can slap a PSA PA-10 upper and lower together for sub 500$... leaves alot for furniture, trigger, optics, ammo, mags, and training...

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can slap a PSA PA-10 upper and lower together for sub 500$... leaves alot for furniture, trigger, optics, ammo, mags, and training...
I normally defend PSA, but I am not so sure about buying their PA-10. The price is awesome for a 308. I have about twice the money in an Aero Precision M5E1. However, with a Hanson profile Ballistic Advantage I can shoot sub MOA groups, which is important to me in a 308. The fact that Ballistic Advantage has a Sub MOA guarantee on their Hanson barrels was a huge selling point for me. The shop I ordered it from said that if I had an issue with accuracy, to send him back the upper and he would take of getting a new barrel for it.
Two things I always spend more money on in a rifle is the barrel and trigger, which is the problem I have with PSA, they have issues using and do not recommend using any other companies' barrels. The OP may never "shoot out" a barrel, but not being able to upgrade the barrel would be irritating.
I am not sure what the criteria is for the rifle or how deep the OP's pockets are, but I would go one level up for a 308 AR.

Badger308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bones and build or whole rifle had pre ban HK91 let it go should of had him use on me. That said I would like to stay in black rifle or Tavor 7
What recommendations do you have. For reference I have several 556 ars and x95 and many bolt guns would like to be ambidextrous. Which way to go
Well did you get one?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a massive AR platform fan, but I just couldn't warm up to the bigger AR-10. It just seems too bulky and unwieldy, except when shooting prone. JMO, YMMV

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had the extra funds, I would look into an FN SCAR 17. According to battlefield Las Vegas (and they go through more ammo than a 3rd world nation), they are one of their most dependable and accurate semi-auto smokepoles.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Budget dependant, I'd rock an Ar-10. 14.5 match barrel (Shillen, Lilja match, not $150 eBay "match") with a descent trigger. Regardless of Internet trolls, you don't need 20+" to stay sub-moa and deliver lethal doses of kinetic energy.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Budget dependant, I'd rock an Ar-10. 14.5 match barrel (Shillen, Lilja match, not $150 eBay "match") with a descent trigger. Regardless of Internet trolls, you don't need 20+" to stay sub-moa and deliver lethal doses of kinetic energy.

True. I dont know why people hold on to the old believe that the longer the barrel the more accurate when its exactly the opposite when you use an optic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom