308 GuRu's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked me up a Socom 16, and am in need of some mags and ammo. It's been along time since I bought any 308 ammo or mags. I know a person who said I could have 9 boxes of Winchester hard ball, 2 boxes of Hornady Match, and 6 Military 20 round mags for $200. Deal, Yes or No? Thanks for any input.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
make certain the mags will fit/work in the rifle. you can often find the white box federal fmj in the 12 bucks a box range. never bought any of the hornady, i've bought some IMI and PPU, mostly for the brass. i load the 130gr M119 bullet in it.

if the mags will fit/function it's a fair deal IMO, not a killer deal, but a fair one

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If theyre actual USGI mags and not knockoffs...great deal.

There lots of correctly marked fakes and IIRC you can ID them by the spot welds.

If you want new mags, 44mag.com sells Checkmate Industries (CMI) mags the cheapest...CMI was the last USGI manufacturer amd also who makes them for Springfield.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are not knockoffs, showed them to a Old Fart I know and he confirmed. No the Old Fart is nor Joel (druryj), when I talk about him it is REALLY REALLY OLD OLD FART.