.308 Match - anyone want to go in on some?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured I'd post it over here just in case anyone was interested in going in on some .308.

I'm not sure where the best price is right now, but Ammoman.com seems to have Prvi Partizan for $200 for 200rds of 168gr match.

I'm partial to 168gr myself, but I'm willing to try out some different stuff if someone else has a preference.

Midway has some 168gr Hornaday Match BTHP for $23.99 per 20rds (they also have A-Maxes for $26.99 per 20).

Anywhere I'm missing that might have a better deal? Anyone want to go in on about 500-600rds?

glock23

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured I'd post it over here just in case anyone was interested in going in on some .308.

I'm not sure where the best price is right now, but Ammoman.com seems to have Prvi Partizan for $200 for 200rds of 168gr match.

I'm partial to 168gr myself, but I'm willing to try out some different stuff if someone else has a preference.

Midway has some 168gr Hornaday Match BTHP for $23.99 per 20rds (they also have A-Maxes for $26.99 per 20).

Anywhere I'm missing that might have a better deal? Anyone want to go in on about 500-600rds?

I am not an ammo expert, but this is a much better price from midwayusa and I THINK it is similar (if not the same)to the ammo you are describing.....if not, I apologize... if I am right you will be happy to see this!
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=224613
I would go in with you, but I recently stocked up on match ammo...best of luck!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not an ammo expert, but this is a much better price from midwayusa and I THINK it is similar (if not the same)to the ammo you are describing.....if not, I apologize... if I am right you will be happy to see this!
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=224613
I would go in with you, but I recently stocked up on match ammo...best of luck!

Close, but that's .223, not .308.

Appreciate the help though.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have priced out reloading and for the initial lake city brass and 168 BTHP and good powder it was going to be around .60 per round if done by the 1k. I have the location to reload and everything is set up, just have to purchase the components.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Andy, sent you a PM. Here is the same stuff at Wideners, $150 for 200 rounds. Let me know if you want to do an order.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|830|848

Kid Colt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm good on .308 Match Ammo, but I would like to know the results of your groups if you guys get the PPU 168gr.

At $15/20 that's dirt cheap if it really works.

I'm a skeptic though... The review on that link says sub 2MOA? That's not match ammo if that's all it will hold.

I do possibly have some really great match .308 I'd sell but it sounds like you guys are wanting to do it cheaper than I'd let it go for. I have a couple of matched lot cans of M852 with the 168 grain Sierra Match King in them...

hk33

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I need to order and try some of the Prvi Partizan .308 match. Although not .308, I shoot a bunch of the Prvi Partizan 75gr .223 and the accuracy is really surprising. The only thing better is my 77gr sierra hand loads. The .223 is as good as black hills in my 1/7 AR. the .308 stuff would be worth a try.

I'm good on .308 Match Ammo, but I would like to know the results of your groups if you guys get the PPU 168gr.

At $15/20 that's dirt cheap if it really works.

I'm a skeptic though... The review on that link says sub 2MOA? That's not match ammo if that's all it will hold.

I do possibly have some really great match .308 I'd sell but it sounds like you guys are wanting to do it cheaper than I'd let it go for. I have a couple of matched lot cans of M852 with the 168 grain Sierra Match King in them...

Latest posts

Top Bottom