.308 Muzzle Brake recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Revisiting this again... Does anyone have any real world experience with the Lancer Viper Brake on .308? I’m hearing it’s the best if you don’t want any scope jump. Hefty price tag at $200.

Second best is probably the Precision Armament M4-72. $100 cheaper than the Viper.

And can you add weights to the M-Lok rail on a rifle? Is that a thing people do? I swear my buddy has some on his rifle but they didn’t look like they amounted to much.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up the Area 419 Sidewinder break for my .300 PRC. It's a tank but supposed to one of the best. I like how it mounts too. ID10T proof works for me. Will have a range report Saturday or Sunday.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My recommendation is for the Dead Air Keymo which I run on my 700 PSS in 30-06 , it does a decent job of mitigating some of the recoil as its not a true brake , but more of a compensator . Its still loud enough that it rattles other shooters at the range though.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at what the guys are running for PRS since seeing your impacts and misses are really important. Most are running the options from ACE (OK company), Area 419, and APA or they are running a suppressor. I will agree with the above post, APA brakes are LOUD (they're all loud, but dang those are loud).

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Little Bastard , it had to go . Those are are really loud.
All brakes are loud. Heck, all center fire rifles are loud. I’ve got a GA Precision Titan brake on my 7mm, APA Little B on my 260, and a tactical compensator on my 223 JP Enterprise. Seldom do I go to public ranges but when I did I tried to get as far away from other shooters as possible. If someone sets up next to me I gave them fair warning. I usually capture everyone's attention with the first round.

I looked at it as a conversation piece. Inevitably someone would come over asking what I was shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom