.308 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a DPMS LR-308AP4. I am getting this one because from my understanding, a .308 will shoot a 7.62x51 no problem, but the other way around CAN cause issues with the length of the cartridge being a little longer. Do I have this in the right order? I was under the assumption that the .308 would handle 7.62 without any concerns, but the other way around and there was a slight chance.

2nd question. I am looking to buy bulk ammo or cheap target ammo. I went by academy today and they had monarch .308 steel 20 rounds for $10. Most of the shooting will be outside and I will buy brass if I take it inside. This will be my first AR and I'm not sure if I should stick to just brass, or is steel is ok thanks.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anything but american made brass will void the warranty. I have one just like you are saying, I've shot about a hundred rounds of steel through it no problem, and hundreds of my reloads and a lot of milsurp with no problems. I've heard where people run into problems is shooting a bunch of steel, then not cleaning the gun before shooting brass and you get a case stuck in the chamber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom