30cal 155gr A-Max Harvest information.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From your description you are getting inconsistent performance inside the target. The A-Max is a target bullet and that's probably why.

I'd move to the SST but the Interlock and Interbond would work too. Some of the FTX bullets will even work but you need to be careful, some of them are for levergun velocities and a .30-06 or .308 will probably make them splode at the deer's hide.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used the interlock and they changed the profile of the 150 gr I used for many years and the new one I can't get to shoot tight groups.
Was 3/4 MOA to 500 yards and now it is 1.25 to 1.5 MOA on good days.
I e mailed them on the issue and they said No change they were aware of..

Heck the ogive changed the base looked and measured different and the bullet AOL was different.
I did get some FTX for the 30-30 recently.
Not shot over a chrony yet but so far the 100 yard groups look promising using Leverevolution and cci 250

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot a doe at 418 yards with a beltless 300 Weatherby Magnum, using the 155 gr. A-MAX....... And I'm wondering if we allowed to post "graphic" pictures of a deer shot with this combination. The doe was shot facing directly away from me.......and.......well.......she took a hit between the shoulders.......and....... you just need to see the see the picture to get the full visual of what that bullet will do! If Dennis will give me permission to post this picture, you can see first-hand what this little bullet will do, and then it can be deleted!
Go for it! I have a pic of a coyote I gave the texas heart shot with a .22-250 at 4100 fps that I've posted on here before. Disemboweled him.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the doe I shot at 418 yards with a custom beltless 300 Weatherby Magnum, shooting Hornady's 155 gr. A-MAX with a muzzle velocity just over 3,600 fps.. This picture is where and how the deer was laying, when I walked up to it...

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Long_20Range_20Deer_005_zpsd63396bf.jpg
I shot a buck this year at about 100 yards with a 308 168gr Amax, quartering toward me. I hit him the front shoulder, it left a 3 inch hole coming out of his other side.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok it is on .. I have some pics of the 8 point I hit behind the shoulder quartering away from me.ass almost facing me.
It went in behind the shoulder and did not exit the animal the bullet stayed in and destroyed the shoulder and sent bone fragments all
the way up through the neck under the hide. it separated the muscles in the neck and blood clotted it all.

i263.photobucket.com_albums_ii146_6jeffswish_155_20a_20max_20deer_20004.jpg

i263.photobucket.com_albums_ii146_6jeffswish_155_20a_20max_20deer_20003.jpg

Sunshine_Shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Man I used a 168 hpbt matchking for over 10 years out of my 300 win mag for deer and it killed them like being struck by lightening and not much meat damage.

You could use a depleted uranium bullet and have it zip out the other side with zero deformation and it would still drop deer like lightning with a 300 Win Mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom