30th Birthday Celebration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine turned 30 this weekend so we celebrated the best way we know how.....trout fishing at Beavers Bend.

IMG_1677.JPG

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Wish I was 30...that was 24 years ago!!!

Catch any??

Yeah, we did pretty good and a couple were decent size.

We had to get our notebooks and pencils out when a lady parked it in her lawn chair 75 yards from us, caught her limit in about 10 minutes and made her way back to the pickup.

She just smiled and said they're not very deep today as she made her way by. :tounge:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You remind me when I was a kid fishing along the Dolores river in Colorado . I was learning to fly fish ...with not much luck. My cousin´s farm bordered the river and he drove up to see how I was doing. Seeing that I hadn't caught many fish, he went to his truck and got his tackle .

A Zebco reel and rod,some small hooks,a clear bobber,and some split fishing weights. Bait was a jar of salmon eggs.

He put the jar of eggs in the water to harden them in the cold mountain water . Tied the hook on, about 2-3 feet he put a split weight on and the bobber was on top of the weight . He then put on the harden eggs and tossed the bait into the river.

Using that rig ,I caught my limit as fast as I could bait the hook. ....forget fly fishing .....do what the locals do!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom