.31 cent per round for 5.56 is the cheapest ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2king

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been hunting for 3 weeks now but every website that I looked they all have 31 cent per round ... Is this cheapest one I can find now ? I am talking about the brass one ...I realized that the steel case is little cheaper but can't shoot at the Gun range so it's a no go . Where do you all buy ur 5.56 or 223 at ?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roll your own for almost half price. If you shoot high volumes of ammo, it pays to reload. You can get entry level reloaders for under $200, less if you find some in the classifieds. The amount of ammo you shoot will determine pay back.

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching sites like Wideners and Powder Valley can reduce the price of handloads well below the half mark. I was just looking at Natchez' latest flyer. $0.44 a shot for 62 gr/3020 fps loads. Not bad, but as much as I would like a crisp new box of ammo, I got less than $0.15 a shot into my stock. Some of the older 55 FMJ made with pulldown bullets and powder is closer to a nickel a pop. Not saying this to brag, make no mistake. I just been at it for a few decades. Put into perspective, with less than $200 in tooling and such, plus a lot of patience, one can beat the going rate by a lot. You can beat the quality a little as well.

S2king

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong .....I'm not complaining or anything ...just speaking out Loud in case I miss a good deal but if that what we have to pay I'll do it !!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Save the brass cases and sell them and get some of the money back.
About 65 bucks per 1000 rounds cleaned etc.
If you get less for it that is still better than nothing.
.223 brass is usually all over the ground.. get it all if no one else wants it.

I like Federal cases best for my gun..So far they are the most accurate.
I do not even prep other cases any more..I only load Federals.

If you begin reloading you will get ate up with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom