.32 ACP in a Rossi M89 .32 Long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farpoint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've a question about firing a .32 ACP out of an older Rossi revolver.
I know the .32 is loaded to higher pressure than the standard .32 long. Was wondering if these pressures would be too much for the Rossi to handle without prematurely shaking the gun into an earlier grave, or take me with
it.
Haven't checked to see the data and compare the numbers and differences in listed pressures.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I was asking my wife which version she like better.

The short Birds Head model:
8163.jpg

or the long barrel adjustable sights:
8162.jpg

She preferred the latter, and she's the revolver lover in our house, so that's probably the model I'll end up hunting for.

farpoint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Just wanted to find out before loading myself into an emergency room situation.
Inspiration for this is the .22 shortage we just suffered sevease years ago when nothing affordable could be found.
The .32 is cheap to reload, and would be doable for pest, small game and the operatic cat late at night...a pound of powder would last several years at 2 grains and under.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am quite fond of the 32 S&W Long/Colt New Police cartridge and have several revolvers chambered for it. I was shown several years ago that the 32 ACP will chamber in a 32 revolver. dblleak is quite correct. The 32 ACP is a semi-rimmed round.

Perhaps this old thread might be of interest to you.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/s-w-model-30.187207/

Latest posts

Top Bottom