32 acp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not even suggesting that the 32 acp is an acceptable self defense roumnd. That being said, as a last ditch effort, I have a question. The Seecamp 32 is a neat little back up gun. It was originally designed around the Winchester 32 Silvertip (a jhp) round. Due to the lengh, standard fmj ammo will not work in the Seecamp. Winchester now has a fmj truncated round (kind of a smaller version of the WWB 40 S&W). This round is short enought to cycle in the Seecamp. In my way of thinking, this round might be a better self defense round than the hollow points. Can a hollow point be expected to expand when fired out of a Seecamp? Penetration might be better. Comments? Thanks!:thumb:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like ball ammo in all the mouse guns. Expansion tanslates to shallow wounds unless you are into something like the 7.62 x 25, and I don't know of any little guns chambered for that. Toks are the smallest I know of. CB

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The .32ACP Silvertip will expand from guns with longer barrels such as, Colt 1903, FN 1910, Walther PP/PPK. These guns have enough barrel length to get proper velocity to produce expansion, however, penetration is questionable. The .32ST is the only product thats manufactured with a solid aluminum alloy core and jacket, so its designed to expand at lower velocities. If you can find a ball load for your Seecamp that works, you'll be better off. In a cartridge that small penetration is your friend!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree with the ball ammo theory on these guns. Regardless of expansion at low velocity, at least the ST has a wider frontal cross section that will punch a bigger hole. Traditional ball rounds will tend to just push tissue out of the way and makes for inefficient wound profiles.

The TC round on the other hand would create a better wound profile than traditional ball ammo. Just be aware that in some applications they have poor feed reliability compared even to JHP's.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I disagree with the ball ammo theory on these guns. Regardless of expansion at low velocity, at least the ST has a wider frontal cross section that will punch a bigger hole. Traditional ball rounds will tend to just push tissue out of the way and makes for inefficient wound profiles.

The TC round on the other hand would create a better wound profile than traditional ball ammo. Just be aware that in some applications they have poor feed reliability compared even to JHP's.

I have a PPK/s that loves the ST, where as my PP chokes on them. My 1903 Colt and FN 1910 do OK, not 100% reliable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom