33 years ago today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations man! I only have 27 years of marriage under my belt but I had to add two of them together to reach that number. Hope your next 33 is even better than the last.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, she's still better looking than you...

...congratulations on the years. Wife and I celebrated 50 last Christmas. Making them last takes commitment, love, tolerance, and pretty much in that order.

We just finished 3 months working in Indiana with both of us in the same van for about 8 hours and then the same hotel room for more than that. Working Indiana was taxing and we bit at each other pretty good at times. But as she puts it, "we got glad in the same pants that we got mad in."

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, she's still better looking than you...

...congratulations on the years. Wife and I celebrated 50 last Christmas. Making them last takes commitment, love, tolerance, and pretty much in that order.

We just finished 3 months working in Indiana with both of us in the same van for about 8 hours and then the same hotel room for more than that. Working Indiana was taxing and we bit at each other pretty good at times. But as she puts it, "we got glad in the same pants that we got mad in."

during the process of adopting our son we found that my wife and I were together almost 24 hours a day. We were at the hospital every day, sitting in a small room, looking at each other and watching a 7 week old detox from opioids, wondering if the bio parents were going to finally the sign the adoption papers like they said they were going to. It was on the off the on.

one day one of the nurses noted that our frustrations with the situation never seemed to be directed at the other person. We were more stressed than we had ever been (plus probably a good bit more). I realized (again) how lucky I was to have her then.

we did finally have to start spending time apart (we were going on three straight weeks of hotels, rental cars, yankee land in Boston and a puppy at home that chewed through an extension cord) but that was before things got worse (for a month before we finally got him for good, I mean)

Latest posts

Top Bottom