33 years ago today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Super happy for ya, man.

Tomorrow makes 19 years for us. I couldn't have picked a better one if I'd designed her from the ground up - guaranteed I'd have missed some 'bugs' in the coding that God foresaw and fixed prior to retail delivery!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
during the process of adopting our son we found that my wife and I were together almost 24 hours a day. We were at the hospital every day, sitting in a small room, looking at each other and watching a 7 week old detox from opioids, wondering if the bio parents were going to finally the sign the adoption papers like they said they were going to. It was on the off the on.

one day one of the nurses noted that our frustrations with the situation never seemed to be directed at the other person. We were more stressed than we had ever been (plus probably a good bit more). I realized (again) how lucky I was to have her then.

we did finally have to start spending time apart (we were going on three straight weeks of hotels, rental cars, yankee land in Boston and a puppy at home that chewed through an extension cord) but that was before things got worse (for a month before we finally got him for good, I mean)

Congrats on the adoption and the loving wife. The waiting through detox must have been heart wrenching. Hope all is going well for him now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom