33 years ago today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Super happy for ya, man.

Tomorrow makes 19 years for us. I couldn't have picked a better one if I'd designed her from the ground up - guaranteed I'd have missed some 'bugs' in the coding that God foresaw and fixed prior to retail delivery!

I keep telling everyone that God has blessed me so much throughout the years. Meeting the wife was such a chance affair, that it's likely it would never have happened without Him.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep telling everyone that God has blessed me so much throughout the years. Meeting the wife was such a chance affair, that it's likely it would never have happened without Him.

I can say that also, 100%. For my wife and I to have had such vastly different backgrounds in our lives, raised 4000 miles apart, different races, denominations, life experiences, everything each of us had been through and struggled with, but to end up with SUCH a crazy similar outlook and mentality in almost every area, THEN to have been placed in a position to meet and fall in love - there is no other real explanation that fits, to me. God's hand put us together, without a doubt, in my mind.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the adoption and the loving wife. The waiting through detox must have been heart wrenching. Hope all is going well for him now.

It is a very strange and emotional thing to watch an infant detox. That, combined with changing hotels five times, rental cars three times, every meal being 'out', the will they sign the papers, etc. It all added up. And after we thought we had it, it turned out the dad who signed the papers wasn't the dad. After three weeks, we ended up coming back to MS without him. It took another month of wondering before we finally knew he was ours.

I flew to boston on Sept 21, 2015 and brought him home two days later (on our 9th wedding anniversary, as it happened).

So far he is healthy and happy (and ornery as all hell at times)

Latest posts

Top Bottom