338 Edge Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built a 260 Remington instead of the 6.5 CM. They both have the same ballistics and the 260 can be found at any Walmart. The 6.5 CM was a development between Dennis Demil and Hornady. I've know Dennis for about twenty years when he was a CWO4 with the Marine Corp. He was on the Marine Corp Shoot team. I don't knock the 6.5 CM but for reloading all we need to do is resize 308 brass into 6.5

I reload, and don't shop at Walmart! I'm familiar with the 260 also, and like this class of caliber.

Rhino 55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 260 Remington and a 6.5x284. Both built on Remington blue printed receivers. I whacked an prairie goat with the 6.5x284 3 years ago at 804 yds. Used Berger 140gr Hunting VLDs it still blew the left shoulder out.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with the 6.5-06?

Welcome back rhino !! That's a damn fine rig you built there.

I built one a few years ago on a savage action. The first one I built was a heavy rig with a 30" barrel for 1000 yd target shooting or "wheat field" hunting and super long range prarie poodle killing. I like it so much I've acquired another action and am going to build an ultra light mountain hunting rifle chambered in 6.5-06. I used lapua 30-06 brass to make mine. Neck sized in a 280 rem die then full length resized in 6.5-06 die turned the necks to spec viola 6.5-06 brass.

The wife wants a short action 6.5 and is really leaning towards a creedmoor I'm trying to talk her into a 260 terminator (260 ackley with a thicker neck think plus p) designed by the same guys who developed the 338 edge it's her build though she just needs to make some decisions so I can buy an action. Since lapua is now making creedmoor brass I'm not as opposed to the idea. But readily available lake city 7.62 is nice to be able to make use of.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom