$343.9 million lottery winner and single mom donates big to veterans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s nice she is going to donate money to help different charities but give me break. You don’t have to broadcast it everywhere. Do it privately. As it is I have no respect for her because it is all for show. If it weren’t she would have refused to let people know what she was doing. I mean going on tv shows to talk about it. Really? If I won that much I would form a trust where no one could know I won it. And I would give money to chanrities anonymously.

Tony, dang man. Does it EVER stop raining where you are?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. This guy was also proclaiming how he was going to use it for good and help people out. They came out of the woodworks at him. Google Jack Whittaker in West Virginia. If I ever win one, I'm gonna disappear myself so fast....
Is he the guy that legally changed his name and moved to Florida? Even after this guy moved, he got boxes of letters daily addressed to the winner of XXXX year lotto in XXXX state and the Post office evidently knew somehow where to send the letters. It's been awhile, but If I remember right, he had to hire an assistant to weed out the real mail from the scammers.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tony, dang man. Does it EVER stop raining where you are?
It’s always sunny. I just call this crap out when I see it. If she really was doing it for the fact that she has a kind heart she wouldn’t be letting everyone know what she was doing. The best way to do it is to be anonymous. But I’m a Christian and know what the Bible says about this sort of thing. So if your not a Christian I don’t expect you or anyone else to get it. But then again, it isn’t hard to see. I’m the type of person that when I help people I don’t want any thanks or glory. I don’t want people to know. I mean this woman is going on talk shows to broadcast what she is doing. It’s ridiculous.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how does anyone square being "christian" and not having a forgiving bone in their body?

It's complicated...... around here they apparently judge others when feeling sanctimonious... but then tell others that it's not for man to judge his fellow man. They also like to do "christianly" things like call for an immigrant caravan to be wiped off the planet. Just depends on what day it is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom