.350 Legend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I bought a few boxes of ammo with the intent of getting an upper. The 350 ammo is about all that is consistently on my nearest Walmart shelves. If I remember right, it shoots a .355 bullet so cheap 147gr 9mm boolits should work for plinking?

lol either the same 6 boxes have been sitting on the shelf at my Walmart for the last year or they keep steadily getting 6 boxes in and someone is buying it. There is ALWAYS 350 Legend at my Walmart. So wild.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well since it's an AR round it might stay popular but I just don't know, I haven't run into anyone that owns one in an AR yet. I've had several BFRs over the years and there good. I just thought this would be pretty neat.
I’ve got one. It’s actually a pretty fun round with plenty of power. Very similar to 30-30 but in a semi auto platform. Makes a good brush gun with ideal range and performance at about 150 yds. I probably would not shoot something with it past 200 yds.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With an obscure caliber like this, it probably won’t survive the long term. Buy a lot of brass and be comfortable reloading it. It’s not something to take to the range to blow a couple hundred rounds through for fun.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With an obscure caliber like this, it probably won’t survive the long term. Buy a lot of brass and be comfortable reloading it. It’s not something to take to the range to blow a couple hundred rounds through for fun.
That's the thing I don't know if it will be obscure and obsolete in a few years or not. They sell ammo for it everywhere right now. I would have thought the .300 Blackout would have been gone by now but it's one of the most popular calibers around now because it's in an AR.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the thing I don't know if it will be obscure and obsolete in a few years or not. They sell ammo for it everywhere right now. I would have thought the .300 Blackout would have been gone by now but it's one of the most popular calibers around now because it's in an AR.

And like .300 black out there are subsonic loadings out there. At 255gr it would be a thumper.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the popularity of the 300 BO is due to the fact that you can use the same lower, bolt, and mags as 5.56.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nearly every gun I own is an obscure or rarely chambered cartridge. Buy brass and dies, and enjoy. I just consider that part of the cost of enjoyment when looking to buy something new. .222, .350 Rem mag, .222 mag, .280, .280AI, 6mm rem, 30-378, .416 Rigby, .444 marlin and the list goes on.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say go for it. I have one of the first gen Ruger 44 mag carbines, I love it for deer and hogs on my place, lots of brush. I feel like I'm walking around with a .22 when I carry it. I think the 350 would be a similar round, sounds like fun to have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom