350 New laws take effect Nov. 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you appear in court for a traffic citation that's obscure, the judge will tell you that ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
When I asked him to repeat verbatim the 600 or so Oklahoma traffic laws, I thought I was going to jail or he was going to die from a heart attack because his face became frozen and turned a beet red.
He finally recovered and dismissed me from the court. Figured it was time to shut up and pay the fine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you read through them, the majority are just house keeping stuff, although the trade license law will be nice and hopefully draw some more tradesmen, also raising the charitable donations tax credit for donating to schools is kind of nice. People with that much money are going to find ways to get their tax breaks anyways, might as well allow bigger breaks for educational donations.
As long as it's not designated for critical race theory. I'd hope the money had a rider on it to make sure it went to real education/books/supplies.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as it's not designated for critical race theory. I'd hope the money had a rider on it to make sure it went to real education/books/supplies.
I have a theory that it’s critical I race my little brz on all curvy roads. in fact, more curvy roads in ok is a must, as is more racing, it’s critical. My warped critical race theory.

I should be asleep hours ago,

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these laws are good. For example the no patient left alone act required the hospital to allow at least one visitor for a patient even in a state of emergency. This was needed as hospital patients were not allowed visitors during the height of COVID restrictions.
I’lol have to read this one, as in cases I’d SARS, Ebola, or things of that sort… it could be a very bad idea.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you appear in court for a traffic citation that's obscure, the judge will tell you that ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
When I asked him to repeat verbatim the 600 or so Oklahoma traffic laws, I thought I was going to jail or he was going to die from a heart attack because his face became frozen and turned a beet red.
He finally recovered and dismissed me from the court. Figured it was time to shut up and pay the fine.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love it.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got into a wreck one time cause I was passing a car on the right that had there left turn signal on but then turned right in front of me. Got a ticket for passing on the right on a two lane road. It was in town, I found a old city ordinance that stated it was legal to pass on the right on any city street of sufficient width. The Judge told me had never heard of that ordinance and he got really pissed when I told him that ignorance of the law was no excuse especially for someone enforcing it. Showed him traffic code. Ticket dismissed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom