357 ammo has been a bit hard to find but I grab when I see it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got A BUNCH of 38 ammo and load for it too, but I’m short on 357 ammo but just started loading for it this morning. Magnum small pistol primers have been my hold up, but that was resolved last week. :thumb:
most of the ammo and reloading stuff is coming back - even seeing sales/discounts on some equipment - primers are just around the corner but people are still buying them and hoarding them - that will come to an end and the prices will drop

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When fuel prices go up then everything goes up copper, brass, lead and the wages have gone up also.
I say 75-95 a 1000 is going to be the norm.
I would bet we will not see below 75 a brick for primers.
I hope I lose that bet.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
most of the ammo and reloading stuff is coming back - even seeing sales/discounts on some equipment - primers are just around the corner but people are still buying them and hoarding them - that will come to an end and the prices will drop
I’ve seen that too. These magnum small pistol primers are the first primers I’ve bought in years. I ”hoarded“ all mine back when they were about $30/1000, but at the time, I didn’t load any calibers that required “magnums”.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is HS6 fairly clean burning?
What I noticed with HS6 when developing the .357 load, was the hotter the load the cleaner it shot. I still use the dippers, so at .7 cc or 9.4 to 9.8 grs, it was fairly clean shooting (with 10.2 gr being max load). I was shooting these out of a 6" Dan Wesson with a 158 gr LSWC.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I noticed with HS6 when developing the .357 load, was the hotter the load the cleaner it shot. I still use the dippers, so at .7 cc or 9.4 to 9.8 grs, it was fairly clean shooting (with 10.2 gr being max load). I was shooting these out of a 6" Dan Wesson with a 158 gr LSWC.
Thanks! I use dippers for about every thing I load, but I do check the charges on an electronic scale every few dips. I’ll be shooting in a Smith 65 with 3” barrel.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen that too. These magnum small pistol primers are the first primers I’ve bought in years. I ”hoarded“ all mine back when they were about $30/1000, but at the time, I didn’t load any calibers that required “magnums”.
I'm shootin small rifle mags I hoarded when Looboyles was selling them $11.99 per 1000 in the mid 70's got about 1500 left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom