.357 Sig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an older German frame non-railed p226 that I keep chambered in .357Sig but I can swap barrels and make it shoot .40, I can also swap barrels, recoil springs, and mags and make it shoot 9mm. I keep it chambered in .357sig because that round has more muzzle energy than 9mm, .40, and .45. It also shoots on a flatter trajectory because it’s a hotter round and has more velocity than the others. My stepbrother used to be a police officer and he carried the 357sig because it tended out-penetrate the other rounds. I’ve also read that police use the 357sig because it’s louder and has a larger muzzle flash which causes more psychological stops. Ballistic gel testing also shows that the 357sig round creates a larger temporary wound cavity upon entry and that even the target rounds can be used as viable defense ammo.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They chamber the SP2022 in .40, or did at one time at least. I had an SP2022 in 9mm for a while, and it's a decent gun if you like polymer. I traded it to a friend who had a Px4 in .40 and wanted a 9mm. Still have the Px4, but got an LEO trade in P229 in .40 to replace the SP2022. I've thought about ordering a 9mm conversion barrel for the P229 but just haven't pulled the trigger yet (pun intended :rollingla).

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They chamber the SP2022 in .40, or did at one time at least. I had an SP2022 in 9mm for a while, and it's a decent gun if you like polymer. I traded it to a friend who had a Px4 in .40 and wanted a 9mm. Still have the Px4, but got an LEO trade in P229 in .40 to replace the SP2022. I've thought about ordering a 9mm conversion barrel for the P229 but just haven't pulled the trigger yet (pun intended :rollingla).

I know this because I had an sp2022 .40cal. The 2340 was around for only a short period after sig released their SIG Pro line.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have an older 226 2-tone from maybe late 90s that my father picked up. Have both barrels in 40 S&W and 357 sig. Its nice gun, the 357 sig is snappy compared to the 40 IMO. Why did we get it? Because Sig, 2-tone, and NEW CALIBER! In my younger years I might have convinced him to get it.

Terrible photos as I am still on 1 cup of coffee.

nice piece, let me know if you ever decide to sell it. Here’s my p226 in .357sig
F905452B-30B3-49E0-9C46-AE29FDADDC0F.jpeg

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think yours might be older than mine, if not it certainly seems to have more character!

I learned awhile back, when you sell guns you usually want them back at some point. Considering the P226 is something my father bought and he is no longer around its going to stay with me.

They’re pretty close to the same age. Mine has a single “U” serial number. I bought it used for a little over $400, basically everything on that gun is aftermarket that I installed. The p224/legion controls, the hogue g10 grips, the trigger, the sights, thats an armory craft takedown lever. Not seen is the short reset trigger kit, the DPM recoil reduction system.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig Nightmare1.jpeg

I love the round. Have a P229 that came in .40 and picked up a .357 Sig barrel for it. Unfortunately, I only shoot it "ok", so I don't carry it much.

But, I liked the round so much, I got a Sig Nightmare Fastback Carry. THAT is a gorgeous beast! Plus, I shoot the 1911 platform well. It's stainless frame, so not exactly lightweight, but recoil is not a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom