36 Bills up for wildlife/fish in 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB1192 hunting deer with dogs is a bad idea imo. Tracking with dogs I like.

HB1293 Wildlife Reform Act of 2017.
What is this?

SB790 I like. Veterans should have been exempt a long time ago.

All these words like reform act, modification act, advancement act, etc scare me. Our hunting future is in the hands of politicians and most don't hunt or have a clue about it. I need to research some of these acts.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoever wrote that hunting with dogs bill must know something about running dogs. It limits the dogs to beagles that stand less than 18" tall. This is a BIG provision. Having hunted with dogs in VA, I know for a fact those types of dogs are WAY easier to catch and control. Whereas those tall hounds, such as a walker hound, are damn near uncontainable once you release them. I doubt this law will pass, but its interesting to me that provision was put in.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point EklStalkR. As a public land hunter it's already somewhat chaotic out there. I can't imagine dogs in the hands of some of the crazy people I've encountered on public land. Could turn into a full blown circus.

If the bill passes I hope there's a special expensive licensing fee to cut down on the crazy.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of adding black vultures to the nuisance list. Bastards pick the eyes out of new born calves. Lots more research to do on the others before I can have an educated opinion. Thanks for posting okie.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of adding black vultures to the nuisance list. Bastards pick the eyes out of new born calves. Lots more research to do on the others before I can have an educated opinion. Thanks for posting okie.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

I didn't realize that black vultures were that far North, I've never seen one here, and the turkey vultures are only here in the summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom