.38 Police Speciall W/Hair Trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W .38 Model 16/10...thought I'd be crafty today and took off the side plate in order to oil a bit without taking it apart an put the side plate back on and by gosh and by golly, couldn't pull the hammer back. Took it apart again and I think the hammer block is kinda like me..not quite right insofar as placement. I'm going to see if I can find. a photo on the internet and see where the top end of that hammer block sits. Meanwhile, I'll accept any and all advise because I sure need a boat load of advise.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W .38 Model 16/10...thought I'd be crafty today and took off the side plate in order to oil a bit without taking it apart an put the side plate back on and by gosh and by golly, couldn't pull the hammer back. Took it apart again and I think the hammer block is kinda like me..not quite right insofar as placement. I'm going to see if I can find. a photo on the internet and see where the top end of that hammer block sits. Meanwhile, I'll accept any and all advise because I sure need a boat load of advise.
S&W never made a model 16. There is a model 15 however. That's the K frame adjustable sight model. The model 10 has plain sights.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W never made a model 16. There is a model 15 however. That's the K frame adjustable sight model. The model 10 has plain sights.
Sorry, I can't see too well, cataracts.
But I can still drive! I'll let you know when I'm going out on the road so you can stay home-no sense putting yourself in harm's way!

Latest posts

Top Bottom