38 S&W snubbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I asked the spousal unit what kind of a gun she wants and low and behold she comes back after a couple days and shows me a snubbie!! Problem is I know nothing about these guns other than some hate and some love them.
Looking at GB today I have seen blued, wooden grip, 36's going between 300- 1400..What gives here. By the way those grips and bluing is what she likes! And her liking the gun is what I am trying to do to get her to the range more!!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this what she wants?

150184_01_lg_0_0_0.jpg

S&W still makes it.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Blue and walnut is sexy as heck, a good 38+P HP for carry and some powderpuff rounds for the range, best of both worlds IMO... Of course there will be every opinion to the contrary, like capacity and ballistic capabilities and limitations of the 38S&W Special round, BUT it worked in Chicago in the 20's .....'nough said.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I asked the spousal unit what kind of a gun she wants and low and behold she comes back after a couple days and shows me a snubbie!! Problem is I know nothing about these guns other than some hate and some love them.
Looking at GB today I have seen blued, wooden grip, 36's going between 300- 1400..What gives here. By the way those grips and bluing is what she likes! And her liking the gun is what I am trying to do to get her to the range more!!

Rent or borrow one for her to shoot before dropping any coin. Seems like nearly everyone buys a J frame snubbie for the females in their lives, but few actually stick with the platform after just one trip to the range. Based on the circumstances, I'd definitely recommend a steel framed model over an alloy framed airweight. I'd look for a Model 49 or 649....but I'm partial to the Bodyguard guns.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into a .327 mag (not .357!). It can use the .32 short and long for little to no recoil for getting used to shooting, then up to .32 H&R for more power then a .327 mag for serious business. A Ruger LCR in .327 loaded with .32 H&R Hornady Critical Defense is carried by a female friend of mine.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rent or borrow one for her to shoot before dropping any coin. Seems like nearly everyone buys a J frame snubbie for the females in their lives, but few actually stick with the platform after just one trip to the range. Based on the circumstances, I'd definitely recommend a steel framed model over an alloy framed airweight. I'd look for a Model 49 or 649....but I'm partial to the Bodyguard guns.

Did you sell your 49 yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom