3D printer project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody on here has a 3-D printer that I could pay to make a special tool for me.

I’m in need of an home made tool shaped roughly in the form of the letter “U”. If the U-shaped tool was laying down with the legs of the letter “U” pointing away, on the bottom, on base of the tool I would need an area formed that would slide onto a Picatinny rail

And what do I need this for ? I am having a heck of a time centering a front site gas block on an AR. I know I could use the rear site to center it but I wanted it to true from the start. The thing is driving me nuts trying to chase it wasting ammo. This would get me real close.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not great at designing, but have a printer if you have something already designed. I'd be happy to print it for you. Edit: Would this work?
Thank you for the offer. That tool is is different from the one I am trying to come up with. I’m not having an issue with finding the gas ports which is what that one is for. My issue is centering the front site post for zero.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. If you can draw it using the software below or similar and email me the file, I can print it.

https://www.tinkercad.com/
I am mostly on my phone so I’m not thinking it’s linking to that site correctly for the tutorials. I’ll have to warm up my old computer and see if I can work with that and get back to you. Thank you for the offer of help and link to that site. If I can figure it out and design something I will get back with you.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks but I don’t think the tool I want exists at the moment. One of the other members posted a link to that also. That’s not what I’m looking for. That’s for aligning the gas block port to the barrel gas port. My gas port has a folding site attached to it. The tool I’m trying to come up with will be used in the process of zeroing the front site post itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom