3D printing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone signed up and used down loads from DEFCAD? I am not trying to print a whole gun or anything, but there are some
accessories on there that I would like to down load and print. It cost $60 to join there legion, or whatever they call it. That money
is supposed to help protect the rights of people 3d printing guns. If anyone has paid and used there stuff, any bad experiences?
Thanks for any and all input

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what is it that you are looking for? i have no experience with them, but i have just about everything on there anyhow. if something you want is a thing i have the files for, then id be happy to share copies of my files with you i have downloaded and backed up.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what is it that you are looking for? i have no experience with them, but i have just about everything on there anyhow. if something you want is a thing i have the files for, then id be happy to share copies of my files with you i have downloaded and backed up.
I'd be interested in the files if we can ever work out a transfer. I'm still not sure that I would trust a 3D printed firearm, but I have printed accessories for mine.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
only 3d printed firearm i have made is a semi auto .22lr conversion slide, on a glock 26 style lower frame. its a semi transparent frame. always was kind of a dream of mine to have a clear glock frame and this will probably be as close as i ever get to that... this one works and seems safe to me.

people print 9mm frames and they seem to work well enough , so being safety conscious id think that .22lr is well suited for this.

Attachments

• 275377836_1040432926829999_3004361049486974563_n.jpg
    275377836_1040432926829999_3004361049486974563_n.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 39

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at some grips, and a couple of other things. I will try and make a list tonight and get ahold of you sometime. I am pretty new at
the 3d printing stuff, but getting better. I have been playing around in tinker cad, and grinder some, slowly getting a basic grip on that.

Reed4ammo

Thrash Panda Supreme
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone signed up and used down loads from DEFCAD? I am not trying to print a whole gun or anything, but there are some
accessories on there that I would like to down load and print. It cost $60 to join there legion, or whatever they call it. That money
is supposed to help protect the rights of people 3d printing guns. If anyone has paid and used there stuff, any bad experiences?
Thanks for any and all input

CTRL+pew has enough files for free... I can see maybe making a donation for their time & work but I'm not paying a fee

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
eh, some of the stuff on their website was originally made and when it was first distributed in compressed archives came with a text file stating its public domain and not to pay ect as it was released with no catch - free to distribute, modify ect and to do as you please with it, and that if you paid a fee for the file you were scammed. funny i think that website is run by the would be pedo that some say was framed, cody wilson or whatever. if memory recalls the court said something to him about part of his probation or whatever was requiring him not to sell data or something or it would violate something, maybe it was a law, rule or something that just applied to them and that court case. either way they must have found a loophole around it for whatever that membership fee bs is all about.

and yeah you are absolutely right as other posters stated im not paying for that stuff thats released to public domain and shared.

look up the gatalog.

all the people do on that website is take everyone elses hard work from 3-d gun models and related stuff that other people made and host it from one place. if you look around enough you will find the stuff is hosted at other places it was originally released for free. and there is alot of stuff thats NOT on there. i think some of the groups that made some of these file even have had disputes with the people that run that website for putting their content on there.

it would be hard for me to say that there is something on there i DONT have. i think i have more than them to be honest. the few things i can say i dont have would be the remix's of all the different gun frames that just have different art on them. its not hard to make your own graphics and art or stippling and you can learn to do it in about 30 minutes with fusion 360.

Last edited:

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys I found what I was looking for at ctrl+pew. Working one right now. Now just need to find some RIA double stack grips, found a set of plain
ones, may play with them on tinker cad and see if I can make them usable

Latest posts

Top Bottom