4,000 hp motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My good friend who is an awesome machinist and motor builder gave me a peak at his current project. This is a $9,000 bare block that needed additional machining including sleeves installed, the deck height machined, and the cylinders o-ringed. He was trimming the rings yesterday when I snapped this picture. He was gapping the rings to .036 to handle the twin turbos, 45 pounds of boost and the alchy. It probably took him 2 hours to gap the 16 rings. Talk about meticulous!

IMG_1393.JPG

This is the Street Outlaws competitor that owns the motor and is replacing the current "3,500" hp motor.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the show they talk about how much hp they have, but it seems they're always dialing it back because the tires spin.
I never hear them talk about tires except for big tire/small tire; do they ever try different tire compounds?
What's the point of having tons of hp if you have to dial it back so the tires will stick?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you even deliver that much power to the ground?

Don't know about these guys or today but back in the day with top fuel dragsters and funny cars it was all about how much clutch you could put in without breaking the tires loose. That was where races were won or lost for the most part.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know about these guys or today but back in the day with top fuel dragsters and funny cars it was all about how much clutch you could put in without breaking the tires loose. That was where races were won or lost for the most part.
Man, I miss those days when the cars had individuality (Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar). Now they mostly look alike except for paint jobs. :/

Latest posts

Top Bottom