4 Damned Months?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101ABN327

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with NFA Branch about the Form 4 I have in from me to an SOT Dealer out of state. She told me they were told FOUR MONTHS from the pending date! A explained to her it was an abreviated Form 4 from an individual to an SOT, no CLEO sign-off, photo's, etc. She said it was the same on all Forms 4, no matter what they were! I wonder if they were told to ensure no transfer would be completed quicker than 4 months...

What a bunch of BS! :finger:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with NFA Branch about the Form 4 I have in from me to an SOT Dealer out of state. She told me they were told FOUR MONTHS from the pending date! A explained to her it was an abreviated Form 4 from an individual to an SOT, no CLEO sign-off, photo's, etc. She said it was the same on all Forms 4, no matter what they were! I wonder if they were told to ensure no transfer would be completed quicker than 4 months...

What a bunch of BS! :finger:

Ha! I've got that beat! ATF cashed my check on a transfer from my dealer, then lost the paperwork! They also lost the transfer paperwork from the original owner to my dealer! They were still showing the gun in the possession of the original owner! They expedited the dealer transfer, but wanted another Form for transfer packet, INCLUDING another $200 check! WTF!!!

I'm on month 9 now. You have no idea how aggravating it is to see someone post that they got theirs in 35 days! :(

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might put part of the blame on the state of Alabama. They changed their state laws a few months ago and now allow SBR's. I'm sure they got a flood of forms as soon as the law passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom