4 day Patrol Rifle Operators Course in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nov 4-7th The Defensive Shooting Academy will be having its first 4 day Urban Rifle school. This is a 40 hour CLEET accredited class so any law enforcement officer who wants to get the finest rifle training available this is your chance. We will be covering a vast array of information in this course including but not limited to:

* Nomenclature and proper maintenance
* History of the AR-15, its capabilities and limitations
* Difference between precision and reflexive fire
* Proper trigger control techniques
* Communication and tactics
* Proper Kinesthetic Alignment
* Malfunction Clearance Drills
* Weapon Manipulation including status checks
* Proper loading and unloading techniques
* Zeroing, sight adjustment and a little bit of ballistics
* Flashlight techniques and shooting in low light and NO light conditions
* Engaging targets at various distances and learning to compensate for mechanical offset.
* Engaging targets on the move and from various positions including:
o Standing
o Prone
o High Kneeling
o Support Kneeling
* Primary to Secondary Weapon Transitions
* Various Reloading techniques including speed reloads, lock-back reloads, tactical reloads and reloads with retention.
* How to equip your rifle for the task at hand
* Various methods of deployment including: Sul, Low ready and High ready
* Multiple target engagement and target transitions
* Failure drills and alternate target areas
* 180 degree turns with a long gun
* Bilateral Shooting (strong and support side shooting)
Low light and no light shooting
* Malfunction Clearances while under stress
* Barricade shooting and adverse angles
* Angles of attack and aggressing the threat
* How to operate, load, reload and clear malfunctions using only one hand.
* How to account for mechanical offset at various distances
* Engaging targets while on the move: forward, rearward, diagonally and laterally.
* Team tactics exercises and how to incorporate communication into your skill set.
* Stress drills designed to make you think and operate the rifle reflexively and instinctively.
* Various types of reloads including: lock-back or emergency reloads, speed reloads, tactical reloads and reloads with retention.
* Proper use of slings and other equipment
* How to shoot from various barricaded positions using proper cover and concealment.

You don't need a SWAT rig to attend either. You'll need the minimal equipment such as:

* A good rifle (AR-15, M16, M4, HK, AK47, Mini 14, AR10, M14, M1A, etc.)
* At least 4 Rifle Magazines and some way to carry them. (mag pouches, back pockets, tactical vest, chest harness, SWAT rig, whatever you’ve got to hold a couple of mags)
* 1500-2000 rounds of rifle ammo and 300 rounds of pistol ammo
* A pistol and a couple of magazines
* A secure holster and mag pouches for your pistol
* Ear and Eye Protection
* Kneepads (elbow pads are optional)
* Some kind of Rifle Sling (single point, two point, tactical, or whatever works)
* Optics for your rifle are optional.

Just in case you are a little hesitant about signing up take a look at what 4-time International Rifle Champion with the Army Marksmanship Unit had to say about the training he received from us.

"This summer, while I was attending TDSA Tulsa's Advanced Combat Pistol Course, Marshall told me about their Urban Rifle class and asked me if I would able to attend. I knew if their Urban Rifle course was anything like their pistol course, it would be top notch and well worth the money. From the very beginning, I knew I wasn't going to be disappointed. I am a Stillwater Police Officer, a Police Firearms Instructor, and a competitive rifle and pistol shooter on the All Guard International Combat rifle and pistol team. I have competed all over the world and I have won several National and International Championships. (I say that only to say that I am not easily impressed). I have to say that this course impressed me a lot. The instructor's, specifically Billy Smith's, professionalism and tactical expertise was beyond reproach. They led by example and as a result, I learned more in 2 days from these guys than I have while attending week-long schools at other training sites. Every five minutes I found myself thinking, "Wow, that's something else I'll be able to use when I get back to work." The course was run at a pace that everyone could keep up with, yet there was no wasted "down" time. The most important part of the course was the information I learned that could ultimately save my life and/or the lives of others. I highly recommend this course to everyone. If you carry a rifle for a living, or carry one on duty, you owe it to yourself, your family, and the community you serve to get the finest training available today."

Go train with TDSA Tulsa. You won't be disappointed!
- Major Shannon Jordan, US Army

Sign up for it! You won't be disappointed. If you are, you won't pay us a dime. That's our guarantee to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom