400,000 gallons of fuel recalled from OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.koco.com/news/more-than-...be-recalled-from-oklahoma-city-metro/41438368

Apparently 400,000 gallons of fuel has been recalled from OKC gas stations. If you've purchased gas recently, you may want to refer to the partial list to see if you're involved.

just a quick heads up to OKC folks

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — State regulators say about 450,000 gallons of gasoline containing three times the acceptable level of ethanol was delivered to retailers across the Oklahoma City metropolitan area over the last week.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission reported Tuesday that they were notified by Magellan Midstream Partners that the problem resulted from an equipment failure at its Oklahoma City fuel distribution terminal.

Magellan says it is still working to determine the retail locations where the gas with up to 30 percent ethanol was delivered, but state regulators say it appears most was delivered in several metro counties.

Oklahoma City auto repair shop owner Mike Bailey says gas with 30 percent ethanol can damage fuel pumps, injectors and other mechanical engine components, and could destroy small engines like lawnmowers and weed trimmers.

Complaints about this or other concerns about fuel-measurement quality can be filed with the OCC online or by calling 405-521-2211.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I think about the alcohol they are putting in our gas I get hot. I's simply stupid and can't understand why they are still doing it. It takes more energy to make the crap than it will return and nobody likes it. OK so corn farmers are receiving subsidies and maybe they like it but it just makes no sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom