$400 ARs are back (PSA Blems but still)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I noticed I haven't seen any semi auto rifles at Academy in almost a year. By now it can't be availably that's causing it.
Just switch to Atwood's like the rest of us. I'm waiting for them to get a Black Rain SPEC15 Tread model.... Theyve had a dozen other colors
black-rain-ordanace-spec15-semi-automatic-pistol-300-blackout-10.522-barrel-aluminium-frame-ga...jpg

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I’ve pretty much only owned PSA ar15s or ar15s with at least the PSA uppers. Right now all of my lowers are Aero Precision or 17 designs but that’s a coincidence, never had a single problem with the lowers I owned. I haven’t been given a reason (so far) to spend more. It’s always weird to me when someone posts an ad for trade and throw in something like “no PSA crap” or whatever…I think they’re great. Maybe I’m missing something! Good to see $400 ARs back on the market too.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve pretty much only owned PSA ar15s or ar15s with at least the PSA uppers. Right now all of my lowers are Aero Precision or 17 designs but that’s a coincidence, never had a single problem with the lowers I owned. I haven’t been given a reason (so far) to spend more. It’s always weird to me when someone posts an ad for trade and throw in something like “no PSA crap” or whatever…I think they’re great. Maybe I’m missing something! Good to see $400 ARs back on the market too.
There is a lot of snobbery, especially in the AK market, and PSA gets a bum rap. Sure there will be the occasional defect, but they go above and beyond to make it right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The issue with PSA that I have is that all of their uppers have 1:7 twist. It's rare to find one with a 1:8 or a 1:9 for 55 grain bullets that are the cheapest to buy.
Not sure why they do that which forces me to look to other sources for a barrel.
Great resource for anything AR though.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Some people equate low affordable prices to garbage. I’d go out on a limb and say they don’t have any experience with it and just assume. Or they equate quality by spending lots more on comparably identical things. Maybe those people assume their panic priced $1400 DPMS panther is better because of the price not knowing that it’s just a $600 rifle. I don’t really know.

I have a little bit of experience with PSA and none of it has disappointed me, just my 2cents.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The issue with PSA that I have is that all of their uppers have 1:7 twist. It's rare to find one with a 1:8 or a 1:9 for 55 grain bullets that are the cheapest to buy.
Not sure why they do that which forces me to look to other sources for a barrel.
Great resource for anything AR though.
Not sure if you saw the post that somebody else posted here a few hours back but Primary Arms has a heckuva deal on the Ballistic Advantage barrels right now. Some seriously slashed prices. I don’t recall what the barrel twist is but maybe you can find some 1-8 barrels there

Latest posts

Top Bottom