45/410 handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend asked me about getting one of these for home security. I have no experience with either the S&W or Taurus versions, so I have no words of wisdom to pass on to him. BUT, I know we have many experts here so learn me up on these things so I cam amaze him with my knowledge.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 3” X 3” stainless Judge. It holds 5 rounds. The S&W holds 6 I believe.
I have mine loaded with 5, OOO balls running 1200 fps in the first cylinder, then alternating with .45 Colt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve done some extensive testing on it that I posted a couple years ago.
With the new ammo designed for it, it’s deadly, but it does have some recoil. I’ve had it at a couple of the eat and shoots and several on this forum shot it. Nothing that can’t be managed though.
If it were a new shooter, I’d break them in with something more mild. At hallway distances of 20’ the pattern is 12” in diameter, so it gives someone that isn’t proficient some wiggle room.
You or your friend are welcome to shoot mine anytime.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Dennis, I thought I remembered someone posting about these, but I couldn't find the thread. I don't know how serious he is just yet, but this is good information for him.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve done some extensive testing on it that I posted a couple years ago.
With the new ammo designed for it, it’s deadly, but it does have some recoil. I’ve had it at a couple of the eat and shoots and several on this forum shot it. Nothing that can’t be managed though.
If it were a new shooter, I’d break them in with something more mild. At hallway distances of 20’ the pattern is 12” in diameter, so it gives someone that isn’t proficient some wiggle room.
You or your friend are welcome to shoot mine anytime.

Did not try out your Judge , was to busy drooling on your 45colt!! But watching you and DHargrove shoot it,I was pretty impressed with the way it patterned!! Would definitely work for a home defense weapon!!

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As Dennis stated, he brought it to a few ENS and both Jen and I shot it. IMO, it is a perfect HD bedside piece and Jen absolutely loved it as well. She is still looking for one used in SS for her side of the bed... As far as a new shooter goes, after the first few rounds and the fear subsides, the gun is completely manageable and easy to gain a feeling of confidence with. Again, just my few pennies worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom