.45 ACP U.S. Surplus Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your tax dollars at work. Whatever happened to the "Fraud, Waste and Abuse" program that was supposed to put a stop to that kind of thing?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are correct as to the CMP not being allowed to sell .45acp or 9MM and other types of ammo, but its not because its not made or still stored by the US Military. It has to do with the fact that the CMP is no longer a govermnet agency, but has been turned into a non-profit organization, and it no longer has the ability to aquire handguns or the ammunition for them. The US Military still stocks large quantities of small arms for pistols in .32acp, .38spl, .45acp, 9mm. At this time instead of selling off stocks to make money, they declass it to demil status, and destroy it by burning. Most of this ammunition looks as new as the day it was made, an only certain quantities are stored now to cover surplus stocks of firearms i.e. 1911A1, Thompson M1, M1 Garand, BAR, M1919 series. SW Model 10, and Colt Police Positive special revolvers.

I was kind of surprised to hear that they are still stockpiling .32 ACP. I know a lot of General Officers carried .32 ACP pistols in WWII, but why are they still keeping it?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was kind of surprised to hear that they are still stockpiling .32 ACP. I know a lot of General Officers carried .32 ACP pistols in WWII, but why are they still keeping it?
maybe special forces or somebody carries scorpion machine pistols?

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy and I split an order of milsurp .45 from Natchez bout 10-11 years back. Made by Winchester and had crimped primers, I'm still using the brass to reload. If I remember right it was about $120 shipped a 1000. Ahh the good old days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom