1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

.45 Colt pet loads...

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by NINEROUND, Dec 28, 2016.

1. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You do not really need to buy anything as you can make a dipper from old cases.
    I have trimmed cases shorter and pinched them skinnier to get the volume exactly where i needed them.

I would bet you have some cases laying around.. like 45 acp or 38 special mm maybe a 40 S&W.
    After i find a powder and load with the scale I make the dipper.
    I then mark on it what it is for.

But you do need a scale no doubt.

2. Owlcreekok

Owlcreekok Marksman

8-9 Grs of Unique under my own cast 245 (the usual 5-7 bhn alloy) SWC's run right around 900. Unique is fine fixin's for anything "45".

Not sure I am supposed to like you, Dennishoddy. You having a 25-5 and all (and I don't,,,,,yet). :anyone:

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. Huckelberry75

Huckelberry75 Sharpshooter

No one really likes Dennis Hoddy, they just tolerate his cranky ass b/c of his sense of humor.

dennishoddy likes this.
  4. Owlcreekok

Owlcreekok Marksman

Compared to MY crankiness, I expect he is little more than a piker. :angry3:

dennishoddy likes this.
  5. NINEROUND

NINEROUND Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So after the arrival of a new Hornady digital powder scale, pulling the 30 suspect rounds I had loaded, and reloading them to the correct grain increments I was after, I went out just now and fired these three groups. All area at a measured 15 yards kneeling behind a converted camera tripod. Granted, not the best they could be, but I do think I have a load to start with now. I'm going to say the fliers are my fault. Stateline Bullets 255 grain HC LSWC loaded over 7.4 grains of Autocomp, with a COL of 1.60"[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dennishoddy likes this.