45 Raptor Development

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening all!

Whelp. With my 338-06 barrel in the works, I am now looking at a 45 raptor as my other semi custom gun. This will be a bolt action, also likely on a savage action, and probably in the 20-22 range barrel wise. I scored a massive load of Barnes 185gr coppers that I plan to load for it, (load data exists Down to 200 so it won’t take much to get a workable range with the 185). Just curious if any of y’all had ventured Down the 45 raptor road yet, and if so, any input ya may have!

Thanks and happy hunting!

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interested in both of your builds. That 338-06 should run a 200 grain bullet really fast.
Oh I’m sure it will. I am likely going to go with a 225/250 grain in it though. When you get into the 215 and under weights of the 338 stuff, it starts dropping in kinetic energy to below 300wm and hot 3006 levels. So I wanted to make sure it is truly a “different beast” on it. Heaving considering the Hornady round nose on it to make it a true pile driver on even thin skinned white tail. The worst part, is that the barrel is gonna take 12+ weeks to get. But I’m hopeful it’s worth the wait!

Latest posts

Top Bottom