458 SOCOM or 450 Bushmaster???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m going to start with Hornady 325 FTX, H110 and CCI 350 primers, mainly because I’ve got all that on hand.

Used different primers, but that is my go to powder for 325gr bullets. Those FTX was what my son shot his doe with this year. Got 100 Nosler 300gr ballistic tips to try out next.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When you get ready to play around with heavy loads, I have several thousand hard lead, powder coated 600gr hog pills and some 500gr as well. All hard and coated, just waiting for your loading... Free of course, just pay the shipping.

Dave

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When you get ready to play around with heavy loads, I have several thousand hard lead, powder coated 600gr hog pills and some 500gr as well. All hard and coated, just waiting for your loading... Free of course, just pay the shipping.

Dave

I may have to arm wrestle undeg01 for some of these lol :) Have shot a few 600gr out my 45/70's but not the SOCOM.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dave

Wow! That’s awfully generous. I’m going to play with it for a while and see how it runs, then I might take you up on that. I might load up some 600’s and sneak them in on a buddy of mine and see how punishing they are before I shoulder them.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What mags are you planning on using? I'd recommend Lancers. If you happen to have a surplus of pmags that you'd rather use, they will work with an upgraded follower (I use 3d printed ones from a guy who advertised some on Facebook) but you'll have to remove the center rib if you're shooting anything heavier than 350gr bullets or else they won't fit.

I ordered some 600gr ammo from Black Butterfly that should be in on Wednesday - can't wait! I really need to get into reloading for 458, but I barely have time to shoot, I really don't have time to reload and shoot...

Latest posts

Top Bottom